The highlight from this week has been running my Masterclass for senior leaders at Rolls Royce in Derby. It was great to share my story with them of how in just 5 years I have turned my life around from utter disaster to an amazing and fulfilled life. By simply applying the philosophy and techniques I share in my Masterclass my life changed completely.
The techniques and evidence I shared with them was very well received and what an excellent group they were. There was amazing energy in the room, and it was great fun and extremely enjoyable. I have to pinch myself to think that just over 5 years ago I was painting and decorating.
I really love working with Rolls Royce and I am delighted that the Masterclasses are having such a positive effect on the staff who attend, and the word is getting around. I am visualising even more sessions for Rolls Royce who have a huge staff across the world.
I came across this article recently which made me think:
The Four Greatest Powers of the Mind
– Imagination. All humans have a capacity to imagine things that have not yet occurred. While some people tap into their imaginations more readily than others, we all do it. It can be simple like imagining new words to an old song, or complex like imagining a whole new life for yourself and your family. Imagination can bring us fun or give us hope.
Don’t think you have a strong imagination? Try this – Sit back in your chair and close your eyes. Picture your favourite vacation spot; smell the air, feel the weather, and hear the noises. What did that take, 10 seconds? Instantly your mind transported you to a far-off place. Your imagination is a powerful thing.
– Focus. In a world full of distraction, the mind has an incredible ability to focus through the clutter and get things done. Most notably in challenging or stressful situations, you will find your mind kicking into ‘another gear’ and pulling you through what you may have seen as impossible.
A quick focus test – turn your music up as loud as it will go and turn the TV on as well. With all of this clamour around you, try to type out an email to a friend. Despite your brain being bombarded with messages, you will be able to centre in on the task at hand and get the job done.
– Perseverance. Life is full of disappointments and sadness along the way. That’s just part of the journey. Thankfully, our brains have the power to persevere through it all and come out on the other side. No matter what your personal circumstances are that test your will, your brain has the capacity to cope with the challenges and keep on going.
That dogged persistence shows itself in one way or another on nearly a daily basis. Think back to a difficult time in your life when it seemed impossible you would ever reach tomorrow. There were undoubtedly some tough days, but the power of your mind to keep striving for better days eventually won out.
– Meditation. The power of the brain to meditate on our own lives and existence is amazing in its own right. By sitting in quiet meditation and focussing on your breathing, the brain can actually develop itself into something better than it was. You may be familiar with the calming and focusing benefits of meditating, but did you know there are actual physical changes that occur as well?
Both ‘grey’ and ‘white’ matter in the brain are increased, boosting your ability to process information and making the brain better connected as a whole. There are also chemicals produced such as endorphins – the same as those produced during exercise. These endorphins provide an all-natural feeling of euphoria and are even linked to cancer prevention.
Think about that – you can derive all of these benefits just by sitting in quiet meditation and letting your brain go to work. If that isn’t an incredible power, I don’t know what is.
Thoughts for the week:
1. Are you aware how amazing your mind is?
2. Do you take it for granted?
3. Read again the four remarkable things our minds can do.
4. Try to focus on these four this week and see if it makes a difference.
Well that’s it for this week have a wonderful weekend and keep Believing!
Off the Wall – How to Develop World Class Mental Resilience available HERE
http://www.jdmindcoach.co.uk/product/off-the-wall-how-to-develop-world-class-mental-resilience/ (Special offer. Put in code 10POUND when prompted to receive a signed copy for £10 including postage and packing – UK only